BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 14, 2010

How can one kid talk so much??

Elijah is 3 1/2 and he can't stop talking.


From the moment he opens his eyes until he closes them again, the child has something to say. It is amazing how much one little human person can talk so much about so little. A typical conversation goes something like this:

Eli: Mommy...?
Me: What?
(pause)
Eli: Mommy...?
Me: What????
Eli: I want...uh...I want...Can I watch a movie?
Me: Not right now. Maybe later.
Eli: Um...Um...Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad.
Me: Uh huh.
Eli: Can I watch a movie?
Me: Not right now.
Eli: Can I have a snack?
Me: You just finished second breakfast.
Eli: So, can I have a snack?
Me: No.
Eli: You said I'm mean!

And it goes on and on and on from there. I have had to tell him to simply stop talking and have quiet time. I try to remember that Sofia went through the exact same phase at this age and that it will pass. But right now, I think I am going insane.

2 comments:

Jill said...

It will pass??? Did you just say that it will pass??? This is a phase??? You just made my day. Maybe my whole week!!! I love you!

Seriously though, isn't it sad that they are the cutest little conversationalist but that it is so annoying some days. Yup, totally understand where you're coming from.

Decade 4.0 said...

Yeah, Sofia used to talk non-stop, but not so much anymore. I can't remember how long the phase lasted, but I do have hope that one day Eli will periodically turn it off. :)