BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

6 million minus 2




Thanks to Jenni for this CNN link:



"We have nothing to feed our children."
6 million children under the age of 5 are at risk.
more than 120,000 have only about a month to live.


Mother Nature brings us earthquakes and cyclones and tornadoes. She hits the world unexpectedly and shocks us with her devastation. Our compassion compels us to send aid and resources to help those in desperate need. Unfortunately, we sometimes forget that Mother
Nature can also be silent and still be horrendously devastating. As she quietly withholds the rains for days and weeks and months, she brings about the starvation of millions.

I look at my two Ethiopian children under the age of 5, and I can't help think about what might have been. It turns my stomach and forces me to push the thought away. My children. All three with plenty of food. All three with clean water. All three with access to health care and medicines.

The children in Ethiopia and others across the globe are all God's children. Therefore, they are all our children. They are all my children. Please do what you can.



3 comments:

Stacie said...

This is so powerfully written. I have chills. Your beautiful babies - I think the same thing when I'm looking at Micah. What if... and what about all those there? What about them? Thanks for posting this - you really put it into the perspective - these are ALL our children. (See why I admire you? :)

gigglechirp said...

gorgeous pics. I cannot wait to see you in July!

LISA said...

I love looking at your Beautiful children!I can't believe how they grown!!