BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Goin' to Guat

It's official -- plane tickets have been bought, contacts have been made, research has been done. I'm taking J to Guatemala!

Soon after S and E came home, it became clear that J needed to make a connection with his birth country. Rather than take our whole family of 5 down for the adventure, we decided that it would just be the two of us on a short jaunt. I'm calling it a "starter" trip -- 4 days. I want to give him a taste of Guatemala, give myself a better understanding of traveling there, and get ideas for the future. Also, it is hard to say how he is going to handle this emotionally, and I really don't want to be stuck there for a week if he has a hard time. Not to mention, I'm leaving dad at home with the other two kiddos!

So, we will fly from here to Atlanta to Guatemala City. We will then be picked up and taken to Antigua where we will spend most of our time. Might take a day trip to some place like Chichicastenengo, but I think we will make those decisions on the fly. There's a lot more I would love to do, but they are not for this trip. Not only will this trip be short, but I also want it to be slow -- give him time to drink it in. Hopefully, it will all go so well that we will plan a longer family trip for the future. Yeehaw!!

Very excited and lots to do! Only 4 months to go! woooohooooo!!
hasta luego!
:)

0 comments: