BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 31, 2009

almost...made...it

It's December 31, 2009. In about 2.5 hours, this year will be over and 2010 will begin. I have almost made it through another holiday season.

I won't consider myself a survivor until all the decorations are put away and I'm driving on I-70 to work on Monday morning. Only then will I be able to say I truly made it.

As for this past year, I have been noticing something lately. A lot of people have been commenting on what an awful year it has been. When I think about it, I tend to agree -- 2009 sort of sucked. So, I decided that I need to stop and think about the good things that happened:

1) Way back in January I traveled to Guatemala with Josh. It was fabulous, and I can't wait to go back! That trip was a true gift.

2) My dad turned 80. Holy crap!

3) I applied for and got a full-time position at work. Woo hoo! Don't know about for the people who have to work with me now, but for me it has been great. Love it!

4) Got to go to Myrtle Beach for the first time. One should always be thankful for a beach vacation. Anyone want to go on another one with me?

5) Friends and family added more babies to our world. Love me some bebes!! (and love to hand them back!)

6) Birthdays -- I now have a 10-, 5-, and 3-year-old, and they amaze me everyday. I guess I'm not like most mothers who lament the passing of the baby years. Rather, I tend to celebrate their growth and progress and marvel at where they are now compared to a year ago. I do not miss diapers.

These are the big things, but there are many more little things that I won't list. Things like books and chocolate. As I move out of this year and into the next, I am going to try to concentrate on these big and little things and be thankful for them. Sure, the icky stuff will try to crowd them out (and will often succeed) but I'm really, really hoping for lots of non-icky stuff to fill my life and yours.

Better New Year!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy New Year!! As for #4 - ME ME ME ME ME!!!! I'll go!! As for #5 and #6....oh yeah, not so great with baby babies. So glad M was almost 10 months when we started. And every age she gets to be, I think "this is it, this is the perfect age." Then a few months go by and it gets better. And better.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Wow...can it really be 2010....So glad I found your blog and look forward to many reads in 2010..Happy New Year..Love, love your blog...

Noelle said...

I am not missing the baby years either. I am loving the age of 5, and can't wait till Anna gets there!