BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 9, 2008

clean up clean up everybody everywhere!

Alert! Alert! I think we have again reached a new stage!

Over the weekend, hubby and I started talking about things we wanted to do around the house -- mainly organizational. Many people know that I can't stand clutter and "stuff" piling up. Drives me crazy. (By the way, this is only in my own house; other people's clutter is other people's clutter.) My dream is the day when we can live minimally and not have so much crap in the house, which I inevitably have to clean. (It will help when J either stops being a pack rat or goes off to college. "No, mom! Don't throw away that paper/wrapper/toilet paper roll -- I'm using that!") I've lived with the clutter and accumulation of stuff over the past 6.5 months because I have had more important things to deal with.

But this weekend, while discussing some things we could do to reorganize and jobs we could tackle, it occurred to me that I was ready. I am ready to take on house projects again!! The ideas we have aren't big ones, but it makes me feel like the big ones can be done. I am sure this has to be meaningful. Please don't burst my bubble if it's not because it sure feels like a step forward.

Now here's the challenge: holding on to the motivation until the time when we can actually put some of our ideas into action -- likely next weekend. Oh, and trying to make it happen while refereeing the 3 kiddos. Now THAT would be something to crow about!

:)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Go for it!! I'm getting ready to tackle the closets. Cleaning out my clothes and Mari's. I'm not even sure what Mari has...I need to take out the too-small stuff and move in the stuff that was too big before. I love organizing, it is so therapeutic. A little more difficult now, granted, but also a little more necessary.

Good luck on all the projects. My big one is going to be painting my bedroom...not sure if I'll actually get this one done!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Oh, I love when I get to the seasons of productivity...they seem to be getting fewer and farther apart, though!!

Happy Organizing!!

LISA said...

PLEASE come to my house!!! I need someone just to get rid of things i haven't used or worn forever!!!
I'll close my eyes!! ;)