BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 20, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!

I'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR FIFTEEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, June 19th, marked 15 years since I walked half-way down the aisle, took the arm of the love of my life, and continued on to the altar with him to make our vows, exchange our rings, and seal it with a kiss.

He still calls me his bride.

As with many things in our life together, I am sure there were many who thought we were nuts for getting married a month after my college graduation. But hey, it was just the start of our craziness together. So, neener-neener-neener to all you doubters out there!

So, what did we do to celebrate our FIFTEEN YEARS of wedded bliss? We got a babysitter (the magnificent Hannah) and went out on a date! Can you believe it?? We left all 3 kids at home and went out for a fabulous dinner at Rosendale's. Easily the best restaurant in Columbus. After our leisurely meal, we strolled the Short North and reveled in the hip-happenin' atmosphere of the restaurants, shops and galleries.

Ya know, our kids have such a non-conventional family: multicultural, multinational, transracial,
and parents who have only been married once, to each other, before they were all born, and now for 15 years.

How crazy are we??
Happy Anniversary to me and my hubba-hubba honey!

4 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Best wishes to you and your beautiful family!

LISA said...

Well, Happy Anniversary!!
Sounds long term to me!! :)

Eastiopians said...

Love your blog. I liked one of your previous posts on adopting toddlers and preschoolers. I would go that route, but my husband wants another baby. He melts for infants. I hope that after our first adoption of an infant, that we can later return to adopt a toddler or preschooler. I think it is so important. But, we also have to be on the same page for a happy marriage. :) It's nice to "meet" you.

Annie said...

Sounds like a great date night! Happy Anniversary :)