BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

no more no!

Being 2 is hard. Being the mama to a 2-year-old is really hard.

It's really hard when your brother and sister are older than you, and you want to do everything they are doing, but you can't because you are only 2.

It's really hard when you are trying to do everything yourself, but doing everything yourself isn't so easy. For example, it is hard to wash your own hands when you can't turn on the water -- even when standing on a stool. In such a case, throwing a fit is still required no matter how much logic mom has on her side.

It's really hard when you want to be like a big kid, but you still want to cling to your mama. Separation sucks.

And. . .

It's really hard to be the mom when your 2-year-old has become the master of the word "no."

It does not seem to matter what I ask or how I ask it, the response is the same. Even if I then offer the exact opposite, he will answer in the negative. I think I am going crazy.

But, a couple of things keep me on this side of sanity. One, I know how hard 2 is and that 3 is often harder. Two, I know how quickly this age disappears, and before you know it they are back-talking school-agers.

And, hey, he's potty trained. Can I really complain? Sure, I can. I'll just try to keep it to a dull roar and only pull out hair I don't need. Like the gray ones.

:)