BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

the interesting mumblings of J

So, I took J to the dentist this morning. All went well. As we were finishing up, I told J to wait in the lobby area while I paid up the tab. (Quite painful when you don't have dental insurance. Ouch!) So, J took his little goody bag and went to the lobby. As I was making future appointments and paying up, J kept poking his head in with commentary. My favorite was when he opened the door, held up the PINK toothbrush from his goody bag and declared,
"I'm so disappointed," with a shake of his head. I thought about asking for a different color, but I decided I didn't want to be one of those moms. (You know what I mean.) And, I guess since I try not to be one of those moms, I didn't get any fussing out of J. He accepted the pink brush. I'm sure it will never see the inside of his mouth, but that's ok. He still has his blue one that lights up.

Then, we strolled on over to Wendy's for a bite to eat. Quite a treat for the middle of the week. While we were enjoying our unhealthy lunch of chicken sandwich, nuggets, fries and root beer,
J wished out loud for a stomach like girls -- you know, because they can have babies in there that come out of certain places. Then, he would be able to eat as much as he wanted and then let it all come out like those babies. Sometimes I just LOVE the way a 7-year-old's mind works. (Hey, maybe THAT is the secret to losing those pesky pounds! If only.)

Can't wait to see what he comes up with the next time when the dentist uses the laughing gas!

0 comments: