BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 12, 2007

the countdown is on. . .

Only 5 days to go. Here are the highlights:

1. Pink coat! As noted previously, our daughter has a particular pink coat that she is wearing in just about every picture we have of her. We've been a little worried about whether she might be attached to this coat and dealing with the probability of having to leave it behind. Well, thanks to my super-most-wonderful-est friend, Suzanne, it is less of a worry now. Upon seeing the pics and hearing that we have yet to get a new pink coat, Suzanne leaped into action and recently informed me that a pink coat is on the way! How cool is that? Thanks, Suzanne!

2. Packing is a pain. I'm usually pretty good at packing myself, M, and J, but this has been a whole new experience for me. My stuff has been easy. It's been all the things for 2 kids (whom I have yet to meet) who need things for a week in a warmish third world country before arriving in the U.S. midwest in late November. We also have to include small gifts for the workers in the transition home. (What do you possibly give to people who have been caring for your children for the past several months???) Of course, there are also the small backpacks and diaper bag for the trip home -- not to mention all the diapers! I somehow managed to get the donations into one large bag instead of two smaller ones. Fortunately, I am almost done with it all. Can't say it's pretty, but at this point I don't really care.

3. I have almost wrapped up my classwork. Have a few more papers to read and some copies to make, but I should be ready to turn it all over to the sub. Hallelujah.

4. Plans seem to be in place for the care of J and Willoughby kitty.

5. Made the realization this weekend that this is my last week left of being a mom to just J. What an odd mixture of emotions that created. Mainly just weird to think about. After all, he has been it for the past 7+ years now.

6. We're leaving in 5 days!! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

can't wait!
:)

5 comments:

Stacie said...

OK - it sounds like you're getting everything in place! Deep breaths - just keep thinking of 18 hours on a plane to relax! :)
I can hardly wait for you guys to get there!

LISA said...

Happy Happy Happy!! I so wonder if my little ones are there yet.If they know your little ones... Can't wait till you travel and get home with your babies.

Julie said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and your new little blessings.

Sounds like you are almost all ready to go. How exciting!

julie

Stacie said...

This is go exciting for us too. I love to hear of those traveling before us.
Give our little Ryelynn lots of love from us. Tell her we are coming soon.

E R I C A said...

Found your blog through RQ.

Your little girls are adorable!!

Erica, mom to 2 from China
Cincinnati, OH
(fellow Buckeye)