BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 16, 2007

hang on sloopy, sloopy hang on. . .one more day

Yes, I have a list of things to do, but I still wanted to put another post out there. Hey, I'm multitasking as we speak: blogging, eating and doing laudry!

So, anyone out there ever have a minor freak out moment in a bank?? Please don't let me be the only one who has had to do breathing exercises while standing at the counter. You see, I called our bank a couple of weeks ago to order nice, newer clean bills for our trip. Ethiopia isn't quite on the plastic system like we are here in the states, and they require that our money is 2001 or newer. Oh, and it's best to take 50s and 100s because the exchange rate is better and you have fewer bills to carry. So, no problem -- bank said they would order it for me and told me when to go and pick it up. I went yesterday (2 days before traveling, mind you) and found our bank in the middle of a "temporary emergency." Whaaa???? So, I went back later when the "temporary emergency" was apparently over and found the woman that I had spoken with on the phone. I then learned that they hadn't ordered me any 50s or 100s -- only 20s. So, while I stood there trying not to hyperventilate, she and another worker went digging in the money to find me the bills that I needed. All seemed well when I left the bank money in hand. All was not so well when I looked the bills over when I got home -- 1999, 1996, etc. Oh. No. Panic attack starts to return. Hubby comes home and takes over. He calls a different bank, tells them the situation, leaves, returns, we have new money. bing bang boom. Crises over.
(Do you ever feel sometimes like someone somewhere is just playing with ya?)

Good news: B&N came through for us! We have the 2 books we ordered, so I now have something to read on the plane. Hallelujah!!

Special thanks going out to our friend, Mary. (I know she is just thrilled that we are naming her here. Yeah, not so much, right, Mary?) She is not only transporting us and all of our luggage to the airport tomorrow, but she is going to be in charge of J until Jen can get up here from Cincy. Then, to top it all off, she's organizing some meals for us when we return home. This is vital to our survival as Mark will be returning to work and I can't cook. And also thanks to Jill for reminding me that I should ask for help with food. Hey, I could live on cereal, but the kids need more than that.

Well, I better get busy. Lots to do before J comes home -- tonight is family dinner/movie/snuggle night. A very important one.

Oh, and one more thought: GO BUCKEYES!! O-H!! I-O!! (yes, I will still wear my scarlet and gray tomorrow.)
:)
ciao for now.

8 comments:

Annie said...

I love that title....I get that, being from the Buckeye state :) I can remember when I thought the words were "Hang on Snoopy"....I was quickly corrected:) By the way, my nephew transfers to OSU (from Miami) in January....maybe we can meet up on one of my visits to see him.

So excited for you as you are going on the trip of a lifetime tomorrow :) Can't wait to read more. I'll be thinking of and praying for you and your wonderful family!

Stacie said...

YAY!!! You're leaving tomorrow!!!! We'll be thinking of you guys, J & E & S!
Please tell everyone at HOH we love them and miss them!!
Have so much fun!
(And excuse my excessive use of exclamation points - I'm excited for you!)

Gretchen Magruder said...

It's funny how excited we can be for a family we've never met!! But we are living vicariously through your adoption until we get our turn. Hope your trip is amazing and that you get the time to journal about it so it doesn't all pass you by too quickly!

LISA said...

I'm sooo excited for yous!!! Keep us posted! :)

Jill said...

Good luck!!! Look forward to hearing about every moment of your trip (hint, hint!!). Kiss my little Amari for me and tell her I'll be there as soon as I can. Court is on Friday while you are there--put in a good word for me :)!!!

Yeah, it is hard to write without exclamation points!!!!!!

Julie said...

So excited for you. Can't wait to get your first update.

Julie

Stacie said...

good luck and we look forward to hearing about the trip

gigglechirp said...

thinking of you and can't wait to see pics of those precious kids in your arms!

have a beautiful trip and we so look forward to following along!
Jenni, Jim and Mamush