BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 19, 2007

We're here!

The kids are WONDERFUL. Our daughter M is a total ham and keeps jibber jabbering to us in Amharic. So cute but we don't understand a word she is saying (except that she does say the name of her big brother!). Our son E is having a tough time with the adjustment but I think we are making progress. Hopefully by Friday he will be more accepting. It will also be easier when we are his only caregivers.

Ethiopia is a totally different world. Went on a tour of the city today and I am amazed we were not in an accident or didn't run someone over. I was feeling a bit ill by the time we made it back. Not looking forward to more driving here.

Communication is sketchy. I don't think we will be able to call/email as often as I would like, but we'll do our best to keep you posted.

4 comments:

Jill said...

So glad you made it!!!! Enjoy every minute of time there but hurry home!

Stacie said...

So good to hear you're there! I hope E warms up over the week - I'm sure he will.

Have a wonderful time!

Annie said...

How exciting! Glad that you're with your babies :) How sweet! Can't wait to hear all the details!

gigglechirp said...

congrats! cannot wait to hear more about your trip!