BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

pollen and the pink princess

Remember several months ago when our house was a poopy house? Dealing with 2 new kiddos with intestinal ickies and a cat not finding his litter box, my days were filled with poo, poo, and more poo. Well, all that cleared up and things have been, um, "regular" for some time now.


This week we have a new bodily excretion: snot. We appear to have 3 kids with seasonal allergies. E's nose has been running non-stop, S sneezes about a million times in a row, and J fights itchy, watery eyes and nasal congestion every spring, summer and fall. So, our house isn't a poopy house; it is now a snotty one. Ewwwwww.


New topic from left field:


Can I just say how annoying I find the pink-n-purple-princess marketing for girls????? Why does every freakin' thing have to be either pink or purple and have a white Disney princess on it? Clothing, tricycles, balls, chairs, cups, underwear, toothbrushes, et-cet-er-a, et-cet-er-a. ICK!!! This weekend I went shopping for a tricycle for S and actually found a red and blue one that looks like it is supposed to be for a boy, but the box that it came in has a little girl on it (good for them!) But while I was looking for the trike, I also looked at bicycles. What the heck?! Is it even going to be possible to get her a bike that is any other color than pink, purple, and white? We happen to still have J's first bike downstairs in our basement that I will probably pull out for her when the time comes -- if I can find the training wheels and the hardware for them.

But I ask you, why should I be made to feel that any primary colored object is for a boy and I can only buy pastel puke stuff for S -- especially if Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella is on it?? So stupid.

Now, if I could find some pretty Snow White tissues to wipe these runny noses, THAT might be worth buying. At least it would be cathartic. "Here sweetie, let the princess get all those boogies for you."

:)

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

we have some snot here, too!

And, TOO FUNNY re: the pukey pink stuff. I always, always had said when we have a girl we are not having pink everything. Pink has grown on me a little now; but, I totally agree about the marketing of princesses and all plus the nauseating amount of pink/purple and pastel stuff for girls. UGH - Barbie, too, in addition to the princesses. YUCK!! I think my daughter(S) someday will be using a lot of "boy stuff". I wish there were just more plain items in general without all the cartoons/companies on them.

Thanks for the giggle re: all the pukey pink and purple stuff. I second that!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Even the sports stuff for the girls is in pink (Steelers jersey in pink in just wrong). I struggle to buy non-pastel/princess gifts for my nieces...and I don't think I own any pastels of my own!