BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, April 25, 2008

word to your mama


We're having an explosion around the Mumblerrr household! A vocabulary explosion. I haven't tracked all the things 21-month-old E can express and I know that a lot of it can only be translated by us, but it has been amazing to realize how good his language skills are becoming -- especially when you consider that he spent the first 16 months of his 21 months hearing Amharic.

With this communication growth has come his ability to express possession, so now everything is "my" or "mine". My ball, my car, my bear, my purple wah. After sitting on the potty he likes to declare, "My butt, my peepee, my butt, my peepee," while indicating each. Yes, sweetie, that is your butt and that is your peepee.

Recently, he has taken possession of his big brother: "My J." Of course, it does a mama's heart good to hear this. But, with his arms wrapped around me, this is what makes me melt into a pool of mama goo:

"My mommy."
Yes, my sweet little boy. I am your mommy.
:)



5 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Ah PRECIOUS and funny, too!

Stacie said...

So sweet! And so funny - my butt, my peepee - too much!

Annie said...

Yes, that would melt me, too :)

LISA said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How sweet!!!!

The Journey said...

I've been meaning to comment more lately because I've really been enjoying your posts and all of the information you share. I can't wait to melt the first time our boy says "my peepee"!!