BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 18, 2008

can't find love?

Everyone should marry for love. Right? That is what we are always told. After all, when you get married you not only marry the person, but you also marry his or her quirks, family, temperment, beliefs, etc. So, you really should love him or her because as they say, "Marriage is grand, but divorce is 20 grand."

Well, I'm going to add one exception to the love rule. If you can't marry for love, marry a pastry chef.

I'm super lucky. I married for love and THEN he turned into a pastry chef. Woooo Hoooo!!!

M is the executive chef for an online brownie company called Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties, and he makes the best brownies in the world. Just ask Bobby Flay -- the loser to Sugardaddy's on Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the Food Network. (Click on over to www.sugardaddys.com to see what I'm talking about.)

One of the cool things about being the bride of a brownie maker is that I get to be a taste tester. Everytime they decide to consider a new flavor or product, I get to try it and give my 2 cents. Normally, my 2 cents is worth about half that, but I do like to take credit for suggesting they have a nut-free brownie available. (Why must we insist on messing with the awesomeness of chocolate?? Unless you are adding more chocolate, leave it alone!!)

So guess what they are working on now??? Truffles and cheesecake!!! The truffles are made from the brownies, and the goal for the cheesecake is to have a truly terrific cheesecake that includes signature Sugardaddy's in it -- as part of the crust, for example. Let me tell you, there is nothing like having your husband come home with 3 slices of cheesecake and asking you to grab a fork and give your preference. (How many husbands want their wives to eat dessert AND voice their opinions??)

Tonight he walked in the door with truffles.

I love my life.
:)

7 comments:

Jill said...

OMG - truffles!!!! Yummy, I'm so jealous!

LISA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LISA said...

OH, and if you need another tester....
And i hate nuts in brownies!

Annie said...

Can you bring some of those sweet treats to our OH get-together?? :)

gigglechirp said...

oh, whatta life! look forward to ordering the final new products!

Stacie said...

I'm so jealous. Kevin brings home brownies - but they're pre-manufactured ones that his company sells. NOT Sugardaddies. Not even close. Sigh.

Children's Hope International said...

I love Throwdown with Bobby Flay! How cool!

This post made me laugh... "Unless you are adding more chocolate, leave it alone!!" :)

Jennifer N.