BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 12, 2008

rant follow-up

To those who have inquired about using my previous ranting post, feel free to link it, print it, set it to music, whatever works for ya. Pass it around at the next office party or family gathering.

Also, we have come up with a response for that awful question, "Are they brother and sister?" referring to our Ethiopian son and daughter. From now on here is what we will say:

"Well, I guess so since we are the parents to all 3 of our kids."

If they persist with, "Oh, I meant are they biologically related."

We respond with, "Obviously biology and dna aren't important in our family." If we are feeling particularly bitchy we can add, "Why is it important to you?" or "Why do you need to know?"

I'll let you know how it goes.
:)

2 comments:

Karen said...

I've said the same things to various people, and generally you have to almost go all the way to the whole "why do you need to know" part before they realize they should just shut up...:-)

Let me know how it goes!!

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

I read somewhere that a mom taught her kids to say, "My mom likes to sleep with all kinds of men." Ha ha.