BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 5, 2007

wowee wow wow wow!

MORE referrals have been announced! CHI announced that they had 4 more referrals today -- all girls -- including a set of twins! The twins are 9 months old, another baby is 6 months, and the other is 6 weeks! This is all just crazy exciting! This is in addition to the baby boy recently referred and the two girls referred a couple of weeks ago. I guess we're not alone waiting for a court date!

Now for a personal update:

I took the 2nd typhoid vacc a half an hour ago. So far, so good.

Also, I snagged a great resource today. I have two Ethiopian students, and I discovered that one of them works in a salon and does hair. Yippee! I asked her if she would teach me how to do our daughter's hair and how to take care of it. She told me to call her when we come home with her and to bring her into the salon. Many of you pale pasty people out there may wonder why this is such a big deal. I'll tell you why. African hair is different from Caucasian hair and needs different care and styling. Considering I suck at doing my own hair, the thought of trying to keep my daughter's hair pretty has me a bit stressed. I have been doing plenty of reading and researching, but nothing will prepare me like actually doing it and having someone help me. So, a big thanks goes to Feven and her Ethiopian hair care expertise. (Now I have another student I have to try to grade impartially!)

1 comments:

LISA said...

ooooo, lucky you to have help with the hair!! I've been reading all i can about doing our children's hair(when we get them)but nothing like hands on!!! Lisa :)