BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Shot day

Several months ago, M and I started working on getting our Hep A & B shots. We still have one round to go, but I'm wondering if we'll end up traveling before we get to take it.

Today, however, we're going for different shots: Yellow Fever, Typhoid and Meningitis. Having a low pain threshold (in other words, I'm a wimp) I'm not too excited about this. It's not that I'm afraid of shots. I'm afraid of pain.

I may actually get the pill version of the Typhoid vacc. It's good for 5 years compared to 2 for the shot, and there is a good chance that I will be traveling to Nicaragua within those 5 years. (We have friends and family who travel to places like Australia, England and Scotland; we go to Ethiopia and Nicaragua. Hmmm. . . )

One piece of advice for anyone needing to get travel vaccs: Shop around! Seriously. I checked out various county health departments and clinics and found that some have higher priced vaccs, some have admin fees, some only do certain vaccs and not others. We're going to Life Care Alliance here in Columbus -- low prices, no admin fees, and free consults before the shots.

Ok, wish us luck! If you hear this strange howling sound followed by painful crying, it might just be me on the west side of Cols. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

0 comments: